WHO WE ARE
The Edutopia community is full of passionate people who care about education. It’s a diverse group that includes educators, administrators, district staff, policy makers, and parents. Approximately half are outside the United States.
OUR COMMUNITY GUIDELINES
Our goal is to foster a positive learning environment where people can share their strategies for the greater good of all students. We ask that you:
- Join the conversation and share what’s worked for you.
- Assume good intent. People may disagree about methods, but let’s understand that we’re all working to improve education.
- Be flexible. Not all ideas will work in every context. Take what you can use, and feel free to adapt it to your classroom’s unique setting. Strategies don’t have to be done in exactly the same way as in an article or video.
- Remember that there are parents and less experienced educators in our community. What is obvious to you may not be obvious to them.
- Model classroom etiquette. Treat other community members like you’d want your students to treat each other.
- Be mindful of tone. We've all seen misunderstandings erupt; a little care before hitting "send" can help prevent a conversation from going badly.
- Don't attack another member of the community or an article’s author. This includes comments questioning their credibility.
- Don't proselytize religious views or use politically charged language.
- Don’t spam, phish, or misrepresent yourself. Be transparent when sharing resources. Edutopia’s community isn’t for advertising.
- Don't post content that is obscene, racist, homophobic, abusive, or otherwise offensive.
Also, you’re welcome to reprint our articles as long as it's for non-commercial use and attributed as: "Originally published (insert publication date) © Edutopia.org | The George Lucas Educational Foundation." To request permission for for-profit use, please fill out this form.
These guidelines are meant to ensure a positive experience for all—a goal we take seriously. Consequences include deletion of comments and banning from future participation. If you see a breach of these guidelines, let us know at email@example.com.