Julia Jones is lead instructor at the Build San Francisco Institute (Build SF) who earned her bachelor's degree in aquatic biology from the University of California at Santa Barbara. After school, she worked with Fog City Drafting, gaining experience in architectural surveying and drafting.
In 2004, Jones earned a master's degree in secondary science education, after which she started a teaching position with Build SF, where she instructs youth in architecture, design, and urban ecology.
Julia Jones wants to hear from you.
Use the comment field below to get in touch with Jones. Posted questions and comments are forwarded directly to program participants. (Scroll down through existing comments first to see whether your question has previously been answered.)Overview
- Build SF: Architecting the Next Generation of Young Professionals
- Overview Video: Build SF School-to-Career Program
- Overview: Build SF Lessons at a Glance
- How to Draw in 2-D and 3-D
- Conceptualizing the Golf-Hole Design
- How to Build Golf Holes to Scale
- How to Make Blueprints on Presentation Boards
- Using 3-D Software to Render Golf-Hole Designs
- Presenting and Playing the Hole
- A Glossary of Common Build SF Terms
- Troubleshooting Project-Implementation Hurdles
- Immersing Students in Civic Education
- A Week in the Life of a Build SF Student
- Third-Party Assessment of Build SF
- Tips and Resources
More on A New Day for Learning: A Deeper Look into Four Full-Time-Learning Programs