Edutopia Tech Giveaway on Instagram Official Rules
The Edutopia Tech Giveaway on Instagram (the "Sweepstakes") is subject to these Official Rules (“Official Rules”). No purchase necessary to enter or win. A purchase or payment will not increase your chances of winning. The Sweepstakes is sponsored by the George Lucas Educational Foundation, producer of Edutopia (“Sponsor”) which is solely responsible for the administration of this Sweepstakes.
This Sweepstakes is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram.
1. Eligibility. The Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico (excluding all U.S. Territories and Possessions and all Overseas Military Installations) who are at least 18 years of age or older as of the start of the Sweepstakes Period (as defined below) (“Contestants,” “you” or “your”), and who are current PreK-12 education professionals and/or are parents or guardians of PreK-12 students. Winners are required to show proof of eligibility upon request.
Employees of Sponsor, and each of their affiliates, Sweepstakes supervisors and members of their immediate families, are not eligible to participate or win.
2. Sweepstakes Period. Sweepstakes begins at 6:00 a.m. Pacific Daylight Time (“PDT”) on Saturday, October 24, 2020 and ends at 8:00 p.m. PDT on Friday, October 30, 2020 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). Any entries received after the Sweepstakes Period will not be considered.
3. How to Enter; Submission and Entry Details.
3.1 Entry Instructions. During the Sweepstakes Period you must complete all of the following (collectively, an “Entry”):
a. Follow the Edutopia Instagram account (@Edutopia);
b. Like the Edutopia Tech Giveaway Post on Instagram (the “Giveaway Post”); and
c. In the Giveaway Post, tag a teacher or an educational professional in the Comment section.
3.2 Instagram Account. You must have an Instagram account and be logged into your account to enter. Make sure that the “Private Account” setting is turned off, or Sponsor won’t be able to see your entry and you won’t be able to participate in the Sweepstakes. By making this change to your account setting, you understand that all of your future posts on Instagram will be visible to the public. You agree to comply with all Instagram terms and conditions.
3.3 Entry Guidelines. Limited to ten (10) Entries only per person. All Entries must be received no later than the end of the Sweepstakes Period. Any Entries received after the end of the Sweepstakes Period will not be considered. Incomplete, garbled, corrupted or illegible Entries are void and will not be accepted. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, damaged, delayed, destroyed, misdirected, or incomplete Entries. All Entries become the property of the Sponsor. Persons discovered entering under multiple identities will be disqualified. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify false entries or entries suspected of being false. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a Selected Winner, the Selected Winner will be deemed to be the person in whose name the Instagram account was opened.
4. Prizes. A total of one (1) prize bundle will be awarded. The odds of winning the prize depend on the number of Entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. The following prizes will be awarded:
Exactly one (1) prize bundle consisting of the following: One (1) KIMAFUN wireless lapel microphone system, one (1) Neewer 20-inch LED ring light kit, and one (1) pair of Sony noise-canceling headphones. The Approximate Retail Value of the prize bundle is $454. Total ARV of all prizes is $454.
Prizes are awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee either express or implied. There is a limit of one (1) prize per household or family. No substitution, transfer, or cash redemption of prize permitted, and Sponsor may award the prize as a gift card, at its discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value should the advertised prize become unavailable for any reason, and no winner is entitled to any difference between the actual value and the retail value of any prize. Selected Winner cannot assign or transfer his/her/their prize to another person or business. Selected Winner is solely responsible for any and all federal, state, and local taxes on prize, if any. If prize notification or any prize is returned as undeliverable, or if Selected Winner may not accept or receive a prize for any reason, prize will be forfeited. Sponsor will not make multiple attempts to contact Selected Winner.
5. Winner Selection and Notification of Selected Winner. One (1) winner will be selected by a random drawing (the “Selected Winners”). Selected Winners will be notified by direct message on Instagram from Edutopia’s official Instagram account. Upon notification, the Selected Winner must claim their prize by sending a direct message to Edutopia's official Instagram account with contact information. If a Selected Winner does not respond within three (3) days of notification, Edutopia may select an alternate Selected Winner at random. Each Selected Winner’s prize will be mailed to them no later than one (1) month from the end of the Sweepstakes.
7. Publicity. By submitting an Entry, any Contestant in the Sweepstakes, irrevocably grants the Sponsor and their respective successors, assigns and licensees, the right to use such Contestant’s, name and hometown (e.g. city and state in any and all media for any purpose, including without limitation, commercial, advertising and promotional purposes as well as in, on or in connection with the Sponsor’s website or the Sweepstakes or other promotions, and hereby release the Sponsor from any liability with respect thereto, unless prohibited by law.
8. General Conditions. By participating, and except where prohibited, Contestants agree to be fully and unconditionally bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Sweepstakes or these Official Rules. Any portion of the Sweepstakes may be canceled, suspended and/or modified, in whole or in part, if in our opinion any fraud, technical failure or other factor beyond our control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who is found to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes, to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, or to be acting in an unsportsman-like or disruptive manner, or with the intent to disrupt or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes (including submitting fake entries), or to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, and Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. You may not enter with multiple identities or use any automated system, bot or other device or artifice to enter or obtain more than the maximum number of qualified entries, which is one (1). Caution: any attempt to deliberately damage or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be in violation of criminal and civil laws and will result in disqualification from participation in the Sweepstakes. Should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages (including attorney fees) to the fullest extent of the law, including criminal prosecution, except where prohibited.
9. Indemnification; Limitations of Liability. Except where prohibited, Selected Winners also agree to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor and its respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents (collectively “Releasees”) from and against any claims, damages, disability, attorneys' fees, and costs of litigation and settlement, as well as any liability due to any injuries, damages or losses to any person (including death) or property of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from: (i) use, redemption, acceptance, possession, ownership, or misuse of any prize, (ii) participation in any activity related to the Sweepstakes, (iii) any third party notoriety related to the Sweepstakes, including any elements that may hold Selected Winner in a poor light (as sloppy or dirty or other potentially negative characteristics), or (iv) participation in any Sweepstakes-related activity or participation in this Sweepstakes. The Releasees shall not be liable for: (i) late, lost, delayed, misdirected, incomplete unreadable, inaccurate, garbled or unintelligible entries, communications or affidavits, regardless of the method of transmission; (ii) telephone system, telephone or computer hardware, software or other technical malfunctions, lost connections, disconnections, delays or transmission errors; (iii) data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of entry or other materials; (iv) any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by the prize or resulting from acceptance, possession or use of a prize, or from participation in the Sweepstakes; or (v) any printing, typographical, administrative or technological errors in any materials associated with the Sweepstakes. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, Releasees are not responsible for computer malfunctions, network connections, email delivery problems, systems failure or incompatibility, typographical, technical or key-stroke errors, or interruptions in your internet service, and for incomplete, illegible, misdirected, misprinted, late, lost, damaged or stolen notifications. In the event Sponsor is prevented from continuing with the Sweepstakes as contemplated herein by any event beyond its control, including but not limited to a pandemic, including COVID-19, fire, flood, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of G-d or public enemy, or any federal, state or local government law, order, or regulation, or other cause not reasonably within Sponsor’s control (each a "Force Majeure" event or occurrence), then subject to any governmental approval which may be required, Sponsor shall have the right to modify, suspend, or terminate the Sweepstakes. If the Sweepstakes is terminated before the designated end date, Sponsor will (if possible) select the winners from all eligible, non-suspect Entries received as of the date of the event giving rise to the termination. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
10. Disputes. Disputes regarding these Official Rules and/or this Sweepstakes will be governed by the internal laws of California. Decisions of Sponsor, who is also the Administrator are binding and final. In the event of a dispute as to any entry, the authorized account holder of the Instagram address will be deemed to be the Contestant. No claimant in any dispute involving Sponsor shall be entitled to claim or obtain indirect, punitive, incidental or consequential damages. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any provision in these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
11. Sweepstakes Results. For Sweepstakes results and/or a copy of these Official Rules, check the link located here after 90 days.
© 2020, George Lucas Educational Foundation. All rights reserved.