What Works: In Five Minutes
You can't change the world in a matter of minutes, but you can make a little difference in how you and your students experience that world.
Five minutes is not a whole lot of time. You can't even listen to the full version of "Hey Jude" in five minutes. But the gathering of spare minutes, like the gathering of spare change, can, over the course of weeks and months, yield big dividends to the wise and determined collector. Five minutes isn't enough time to change the world, but it is enough to tweak a moment, capture a feeling, nurture a good habit, or change direction. A five-minute window isn't the place to focus on lofty goals. So set your sights close. Engage your soul. In the words of spiritual teacher Ram Dass, be here now.
- Say Hello: It's Simple and Effective
- Hit 'Send': You'll Be Glad You Did
- Make a Sketch: The Importance of Art in Education
- Open the Windows: A Fresh Breeze Can Sure Clear the Air
- Entertain Them!: Letting Loose a Little Can Help a Lot
- Laugh It Up: It's Good Medicine
- Sing Sing Sing: Music Does More Than Just Sound Good