Explore Examples That Work
See how teachers, administrators, and parents play critical roles in coaching and guiding students through the learning process, nurturing students' interests and confidence as learners. See the Big List.
By embracing research-backed instructional design, consistent PD, and strong, caring relationships, all boats are rising and teachers have gone from surviving to thriving at this once-failing middle school.
This high-quality professional development program consisting of 200 hours of training spread over two years has consistently demonstrated positive impacts on student achievement.
Whether you're an administrator or a teacher leader, you will find some great advice and tips in this list of videos, blogs, and articles on school leadership.
An educator's guide to websites, organizations, articles, and other resources looking at the new system of standards and how they will be assessed.
George Couros, school district administrator, encourages social media newbies to expand their PLNs for their own professional development, as well as for the benefit of their students.
At the University of Virginia, aspiring teachers are well prepared by working directly in classrooms and using the latest technology.
Foundations and Organizations
- Center for Teaching Quality: Research and Advocacy for Teacher Leadership
- ASCD: Educational Leadership Organization Dedicated to Advancing Best Practices
- EdLeader21: Professional Learning Community for 21st Century Education Leaders
- Teacher Leader Model Standards: Defining Core Competencies for Excellent Educators
- National Board for Professional Teaching Standards: Certification Program for Teachers
- Teaching as Leadership: Explore Effective Strategies from Teach for America
- School Leadership 2.0: Virtual Learning Community for School Leaders