Interview Questions for my MAED online class. I need replies from two 3rd grade teachers and one principal, please help!!!!! Thanks in advance..
1. What do you think is the most important issue facing this school, and why do you believe this is the most important issue this school is facing?
2. If you could change one thing in the curriculum, what would it be and why?
3. What are some professional development topics that would most benefit teachers at this school and why?
4. Do you have Professional Learning Communities in this school and are they at grade level, school wide, or district wide? Do you believe these to be effective and beneficial to teachers? Students? And Administrative staff?
5. Why do you think third grade EOG scores in reading are declining?
6. Are children allowed to select books to read to their own interest or do they have to select books strictly to their own reading levels and why or why not?
7. What strategies are being used to build vocabulary?
8. What strategies are being used to strengthen student reading comprehension?
9. Are students required to have a dictionary handy? What strategies are being used to help aid students in proper dictionary usage?
10. Are students given word list to recall and also expected to use the words in sentences correctly?
11. Are Language Arts/Reading teachers using the QRI-4 methods to assess student reading skills?
12. Is running records still being used to establish fluency (words per minute) and corrected words per minute?
13. How do you feel about the implementation of the Common Core Curriculum?
14. Do you believe the standards you previously used could have been modified to do what the Common Core has been designed to do, why or why not?