Hiring Lead Teachers for Venture Academy, a new blended learning school in Minneapolis
Opening our first school in August 2013, Venture Academies is a new public charter school network based in Minneapolis with the mission of inspiring passionate, purposeful, college- and career-ready innovators and entrepreneurial leaders who imagine opportunities, take initiative, and create solutions. A 21st century one-room schoolhouse, Venture primarily will serve economically disadvantaged children and English learners. Venture Academies will be the nation’s first 6-12 whole school learning model intentionally designed to cultivate innovators and, entrepreneurial leaders using a personalized, blended digital learning model and experiential learning aimed at accelerated college credit attainment for all students.
Venture Academy is looking for the MacGyvers of education, highly innovative and resourceful as well as committed to high achievement, excellence, constant improvement, strong communication throughout the learning community and cultivating entrepreneurial leadership through a blended learning model.
Lead Teacher (Lead Edupreneur) Position Overview
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Subjects: Math, Science, Language Arts, Social Studies, Special Education, ELL, Technology
Responsibilities to include, but not limited to:
• Design instruction using research-based strategies with an awareness of current research on teaching and learning
• Implement cross-curricular, instructional activities that contribute to high levels of student engagement and deeper understandings
• Develop personalized learning plans, curriculum and extensions using principles of backwards design
• Instruct small, targeted groups and serve as an advisor for a group of students to help them achieve their individual learning goals
• Work creatively, transparently and collaboratively with colleagues, provide leadership to the content area team to ensure continuous improvement in teaching and learning.
• Maintain a strong school culture of excellence; mission-driven in alignment to the school’s vision
• Ensure that the learning needs of all students are met by all team members
• Determine specific student learning needs by analyzing performance data; follow-up in weekly content area data team meetings
• Create formative and summative common assessments, as well as interim assessments
• Constantly seek to improve both personal and team teaching practice and results
• Strong character, passion for excellence
• Relentless commitment to student achievement; unwavering belief that all students can achieve at high levels
• Prior teaching experience, at least three years
• Evidence of dramatic student achievement
• Candidates should have a 3.0 college grade point average or higher.
• Comfortable with technology
• Enthusiasm: demonstrates entrepreneurial spirit, passion and excitement over work
• Work ethic: possesses a strong willingness to work hard to get the job done
• Solutions-Oriented: concentrates on finding ways to solve problems in a professional manner.
• Experienced: Successful manager of an urban classroom who believes that structure and clear expectations are critical drivers of student success
• Teamwork: Demonstrated ability to work well in a team using authentic communication
• Versatility: Strengths and passions across disciplines
• Reflective: Accepts and implements feedback
• Creativity: Thinks innovatively about how to best reach all students and inspire critical thinking
• Constant Learner: Seeks to constantly improve their craft
• Professionalism: i.e. timeliness, follow-through