Teachers/advisor Needed Immediately for a New Innovative Project-Based Community School in Cincinnati!
We are looking for Special Education & General Education Teachers/advisor a New Project-Based Community School in Cincinnati! This is a unique opportunity to join the Fairmount Open School in Cincinnati in its founding year.
About the school and the job:
• We have a project-based learning/service-learning model where teachers work as advisors.
• Each teacher has primary responsibility for a small mixed-age advisory group of less than 18 students (middle school and high school age).
• Students and teachers work in a technology infused environment.
• We are a great small school with less than 100 students.
• Our (very) flat management model gives a real voice to the teachers to manage the school as a democratic community.
• We put a great emphasis in professional development and work with a vibrant community of schools using project-based learning.
Applicant must have:
• Valid BCI/FBI background check and Ohio teaching license.
• Ability to think outside the box in terms of student expectations.
• Creativity and entrepreneur drive.
• Belief that students can learn using the community and world as a reference point.
• An inquisitive mind and passion for learning.
• A love and interest in literature.
• Motivation to be active in the school and community.
• Readiness/Experience to juggle teaching duties and school-related tasks (i.e., administrative, purchasing, community relations, etc.).
• Openness to step outside of your content area specialization as a teacher and learner.
If interested, please email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Please keep it short and simple. Really. Skip the "Please accept this letter as my formal application for your consideration blah blah blah." and tell us who we'll be working with –also indicate salary requirement range and at least two references.