Job Opportunity - Teach in Bhutan
The Bhutan Canada Foundation is recruiting qualified teachers to fulfill minimum one-year contracts offered by the Ministry of Education in Bhutan. Contracts begin January 2013.
This is a unique opportunity for qualified teachers to work in the Himalayan country of Bhutan; a country ruled by happiness, where culture and tradition are closely guarded, Buddhist values prevail and the majestic peaks of the Himalayas are part of every landscape.
Teachers will be welcomed to public school faculties in small towns and villages in rural Bhutan, where they will carry a full teaching schedule.
This is a chance to work in an education system that is in the midst of an exciting and innovative transformation, as the Ministry of Education works to transition to a more interactive, thoughtful, and participatory system of education.
• No other language is necessary. English is the language of instruction in Bhutan.
• Teachers are placed in public schools across the country, primarily in rural locations.
• Successful teachers may renew their contract up to five years.
• Teachers are paid a local salary (approximately $450/month) which covers living expenses.
• Local accommodation will be arranged prior to arrival in Bhutan.
• All teachers will attend a two-week orientation in Bhutan prior to beginning their assignment.
• Teachers have the full support of the BCF offices in Toronto and Thimphu (field office).
• Successful applicants may apply for student loan deferral or reduced payment programs (at the discretion of individual loan providers).
• Teachers are expected to cover the cost of their flight to Bhutan, however may opt into the Teacher Fundraising Program to cover this cost.
• Teachers DO NOT pay the $250/day tourist fee.
Who we’re looking for:
• Qualified teachers with either 1) three full-time years of relevant teaching experience; 2) a degree in Education; or, 3) teacher certification.
• Ages 21 through 59.
• Native English speakers from Canada, the United States, the United Kingdom, Australia and New Zealand.
• Priority is given to primary educators, and English, math, and science specialists.
• Adaptable and enthusiastic adventurers who are looking to make a difference!
Application Deadline: July 31, 2012
Jenna Therrien, Program Associate
720 Bathurst Street, Suite 411
Toronto, ON M5S 2R4
To apply: Please fill out our online application form: www.teachinbhutan.org.