No purchase necessary. A purchase will not increase your chances of winning.
This giveaway is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. Participants are providing information to Edutopia / The George Lucas Educational Foundation and not to Facebook. The sponsor is using the technology of Drupal on Edutopia.org and Wildfire Interactive Inc. to administer this giveaway.
Edutopia's Giveaway ("Giveaway") starts on December 8, 2014 at 9:00 a.m. PDT and ends on December 21, 2014 at 11:59 p.m. PDT ("Giveaway Period"). The Giveaway sponsor is The George Lucas Educational Foundation ("GLEF"), PO Box 3494, San Rafael, CA 94912-3494 ("Sponsor"). Sponsor's decisions are final and binding on all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel this Sweepstakes at any time without any obligation or prior notice to participants.
1. ELIGIBILITY. Edutopia’s Giveaway is open to all English speaking current residents of the United States (including US territories) and Canada excluding Quebec (“Entrants”), who are the age of majority or older in the US, and the age of majority in non-embargoed areas in Canada (excluding Quebec) where promotions are allowed. Void where prohibited. The Giveaway sponsor is The George Lucas Educational Foundation (“GLEF”), PO Box 3494, San Rafael, CA 94912-3494, United States (“Sponsor”). Employees of Sponsor (and officers, directors, agents, and representatives thereof), advertising and promotion agencies and all other entities participating in the design, promotion, marketing, advertising, administration, or fulfillment of this Giveaway, and their immediate families, are ineligible to participate in the Giveaway. Void where prohibited by operation of law. ALL ENTRIES MUST BE SUBMITTED DURING THE GIVEAWAY PERIOD.
2. HOW TO ENTER. Online entry only. Please use the following form located at edutopia.org/giveaway to enter for a chance to win.
No other methods of entry will be accepted.
Online entries for the Giveaway Prizes must be received no later than 11:59 p.m. PDT on Sunday, December 21, 2014 according to the computer time on Sponsor’s server. Entrants must provide a valid email address. Incomplete, garbled, corrupted or illegible entries are void and will not be accepted. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, delayed, misdirected, incomplete, illegible, mutilated, corrupted entries. All entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned or acknowledged. Persons discovered entering under several names will be disqualified. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify false entries or entries suspected of being false. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a Selected Giveaway Entrant, the Selected Entrant will be deemed to be the person in whose name the e-mail account governing the e-mail address was opened.
3. ODDS. Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received.
4. DRAWING AND NOTIFICATION. Each qualified entry will be entered into the random drawing for prizes. Drawing will be held on or about the 3rd day after the close of the Giveaway (“Drawing Date”). On the Drawing Date, one (1) entrant will be selected, at random by a representative of Sponsor from among all eligible entries received during the respective Giveaway Period, for the Prizes described below (“Selected Entrants”). In the event any Selected Entrant is a Canadian resident, that resident will be provided a skills question that s/he must answer correctly in order to claim prize.
The Selected Entrant(s) will be notified by email. Selected Entrant(s) will be required to respond by either (1) U.S. mail (postmarked within 72 hours of attempted notification); or (2) email or fax within seventy-two hours of attempted notification. Failure to respond timely to the notification will result in forfeiture of the prize and, in such case, Sponsor may randomly select an alternate chosen entrant from among the remaining eligible entries. Selected entrants may also be sent a declaration of eligibility and liability and publicity release (“Release”). The first and last name, occupation, hometown, and photograph of each U.S. Selected Entrant, and a first name and hometown of each Canadian entrant (with permission), may be published in Sponsor’s publication(s) and marketing materials and on its website(s), including without limitation Edutopia e-newsletters, messages to Edutopia’s community, and/or the Edutopia.org website and social media sites. Unless restricted by law, Selected Entrants will be required to complete and return the Release within the time period specified therein. An alternate selected entrant may be randomly selected from among the remaining eligible entries if a selected entrant (i) cannot be reached, (ii) fails to obtain all signatures on the Release and to return the documents within 72 hours of notification as required pursuant to these Official Rules, or (iii) cannot accept or receive the prize for any reason. Selected Entrants will receive the Prize by mail within thirty (30) days of the Drawing Date (exact timing subject to change based on availability of Prize). In the event of a dispute about the identity of an entrant, each entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at time of entry.
5. PRIZE(s). One (1) winner will receive one (1) Swivl Flipped Classroom Bundle
Total Approximate Retail Value: $338.
Selected Entrants are not entitled to any surplus between actual retail value of prize and stated ARV, and any difference between stated ARV and actual value of the prize will not be awarded. No substitution, transfer, or cash redemption of prize provided; however, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value should the advertised prize become unavailable for any reason. All Prizes may be awarded in the form of voucher(s), coupon(s), and/or gift card(s) at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prize or prize component(s) once in the possession or control of the actual Giveaway prize recipient. If Selected Entrants are unable to participate in or accept a Giveaway prize or any portion thereof for any reason, Sponsor shall have no further obligation to the Selected Entrants. No part of any prize is redeemable for cash, regardless of reason.
6. CONDITIONS. All federal, state, or other tax liabilities (including income taxes) arising from this Giveaway will be the sole responsibility of each Selected Entrant. This Giveaway is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws of the United States. By participating, Selected Entrants agree to be fully and unconditionally bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Giveaway or these Official Rules. Selected Entrants also agree to release, discharge, indemnify, and hold harmless Sponsor and its respective officers, directors, employees, representatives, and agents from and against any claims, damages, disability, attorneys’ fees, and costs of litigation and settlement, as well as any liability due to any injuries, damages, or losses to any person (including death) or property of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from redemption, acceptance, possession, ownership, misuse, or use of any prize or participation in any Giveaway-related activity or participation in this Giveaway. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Giveaway or violating these Official Rules, and reserves the right to cancel the Giveaway should it suspect fraud or for reasons out of the control of Sponsor. Sponsor shall not be liable for (i) late, lost, delayed, misdirected, incomplete unreadable, inaccurate, garbled, or unintelligible entries, communications, or affidavits, regardless of the method of transmission; (ii) telephone system, telephone, or computer hardware, software, or other technical malfunctions, lost connections, disconnections, delays, or transmission errors; (iii) data corruption, theft, or destruction, or unauthorized access to or alteration of entry or other materials; (iv) any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind caused by the prize or resulting from acceptance, possession, or use of a prize, or by participation in the Giveaway; or (v) any printing, typographical, administrative, or technological errors in any materials associated with the Giveaway. Disputes regarding these Official Rules and/or this Giveaway will be governed by the internal laws of the State of California. By entering you consent to jurisdiction in the federal and state courts of San Francisco, California, for the resolution of any and all disputes. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE Giveaway MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION FROM PARTICIPATION IN THE Giveaway. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY’S FEES) TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
7. PUBLICITY. Except where prohibited by law, the Selected Entrant’s entry and acceptance of the prize constitutes permission for Sponsor to use said Selected Entrant’s full name, photograph, statements, and city and state address for promotional or advertising purposes in connection with these Giveaway on a worldwide basis, and in all forms of media, now or hereafter known, in perpetuity, without review, permission, or further compensation.
9. WINNER'S LIST AND GIVEAWAY RULES. To obtain a copy of these official rules or a winners’ list within ninety days of the close of this Giveaway, send your request and a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Edutopia Giveaway, The George Lucas Educational Foundation, PO Box 3494, San Rafael, CA 94912-3494. Selected Entrants’ lists will be sent once all Selected Entrants have been verified and prize(s) has/have been awarded. VT residents need not affix postage.