No purchase necessary. A purchase will not increase your chances of winning.
The Edutopia Giveaway (“Giveaway”) is subject to these Official Rules except as expressly stated otherwise. Sponsor's decisions are final and binding on all matters relating to this Giveaway. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel this Giveaway at any time without any obligation or prior notice to participants.
1. ELIGIBILITY. Edutopia Giveaway is open to all English speaking current residents of the United States (including US territories), Canada (excluding Quebec), and Australia (“Entrants”) who are the age of majority or older or the age of majority in Canada (excluding Quebec) where promotions are allowed and who are current K-12 educators or in professions in K-16 education or parents or guardians of currently enrolled K-12 students. Winners are required to show proof of eligibility upon request. Void where prohibited. The Giveaway sponsor is the George Lucas Educational Foundation (“GLEF”), P.O. Box 3494, San Rafael, CA 94912-3494, United States (“Sponsor”). Employees of Sponsor (and officers, directors, agents, and representatives thereof), advertising and promotion agencies and all other entities participating in the design, promotion, marketing, advertising, administration, or fulfillment of this Giveaway, and their immediate families, are ineligible to participate in the Giveaway. Void where prohibited by operation of law.
2. ADMINISTRATOR. The sponsor is using the open source software of Drupal on Edutopia.org to administer this Giveaway.
3. GIVEAWAY PERIOD. Edutopia Giveaway ("Giveaway") starts on August 31, 2015 at 9:00 a.m. PST and ends on September 13, 2015 at 11:59 p.m. PST ("Giveaway Period"). During the Giveaway Period, Sponsor will conduct one (1) drawing (“Drawing”) of all qualified entries received during the Giveaway Period. All entries must be submitted during the Giveaway period.
4. HOW TO ENTER. Online entry only. Please use the following form located at www.edutopia.org/giveaway to enter for a chance to win.
No other methods of entry will be accepted. Only one entry per natural person.
All entries for the Giveaway Prize must be received no later than 11:59 p.m. PST on September 13, 2015 according to the computer time on Sponsor’s server. Entrants must provide a valid email address. Incomplete, garbled, corrupted or illegible entries are void and will not be accepted. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, delayed, misdirected, incomplete, illegible, mutilated, corrupted entries. All entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned or acknowledged. Persons discovered entering under several names will be disqualified. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify false entries or entries suspected of being false. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a Selected Giveaway Entrant, the Selected Entrant will be deemed to be the person in whose name the e-mail account governing the e-mail address was opened.
5. ODDS. Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received.
6. PRIZE. One (1) winner will receive one (1) Hovercam Document Camera bundle.
Total Approximate Retail Value: $500.
Selected Entrant is not entitled to any surplus between actual retail value of prize and stated ARV, and any difference between stated ARV and actual value of the prize will not be awarded. No substitution, transfer, or cash redemption of prize provided; however, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value should the advertised prize become unavailable for any reason. Prize may be awarded in the form of voucher(s), coupon(s), and/or gift card(s) at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prize or prize component(s) once in the possession or control of the actual Giveaway prize recipient. If Selected Entrant is unable to participate in or accept a Giveaway prize or any portion thereof for any reason, Sponsor shall have no further obligation to the Selected Entrant. No part of any prize is redeemable for cash, regardless of reason.
7. DRAWING AND NOTIFICATION. On or about three days after the ending of the giveaway (“Drawing Date”), one (1) Entrant will be selected at random by a representative of Sponsor from among all eligible entries received by the respective Drawing Date (“Selected Entrant”).
If a Selected Entrant is a Canadian resident, such resident will be sent a skill question during a mutually agree-upon time. The Canadian resident will have 5 minutes to correctly answer the question in order to be deemed a qualified Selected Entrant.
The Selected Entrant will be notified by email. Selected Entrant will be required to respond by email seventy-two hours of attempted notification. Failure to respond timely to the notification will result in forfeiture of the prize and, in such case, Sponsor will randomly select an alternate chosen Entrant from among the remaining eligible entries. Selected Entrant may also be sent a declaration of eligibility and liability and publicity release (“Release”). The first and last name, occupation, hometown, and photograph of each U.S. Selected Entrant, and a first name and hometown of each Canadian Entrant (with permission), may be published in Sponsor’s publication(s) and marketing materials and on its website(s), including without limitation Edutopia e-newsletters, messages to Edutopia’s community, and/or the Edutopia.org website and social media sites. Unless restricted by law, Selected Entrant will be required to complete and return the Release within the time period specified therein. An alternate Selected Entrant will be randomly selected from among the remaining eligible entries if a Selected Entrant (i) cannot be reached, (ii) fails to obtain all signatures on the Release and to return the documents within 72 hours of notification as required pursuant to these Official Rules, or (iii) cannot accept or receive the prize for any reason. Selected Entrant will receive the Prize by mail within thirty (30) days of the Drawing Date (exact timing subject to change based on availability of Prize). In the event of a dispute about the identity of an Entrant, each entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at time of entry.
8. GENERAL CONDITIONS. By participating, Entrants agree to be fully and unconditionally bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Giveaway or these Official Rules. Any portion of the Giveaway may be canceled, suspended and/or modified, in whole or in part, if in our opinion any fraud, technical failure or other factor beyond our control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Giveaway. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who is found to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Giveaway or the Website, to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, or to be acting in an unsportsman-like or disruptive manner, or with the intent to disrupt or undermine the legitimate operation of the Giveaway, or to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, and Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. You may not enter with multiple identities or use any automated system, bot or other device or artifice to enter or obtain more than the maximum number of qualified entries. Unclaimed Prize will not be awarded. All federal, state or other tax liabilities (including income taxes) arising from this Giveaway will be the sole responsibility of Selected Entrant. Entrant may be issued an IRS Form 1099 for the ARV of any awarded prize. Caution: any attempt to deliberately damage or undermine the legitimate operation of the Giveaway may be in violation of criminal and civil laws and will result in disqualification from participation in the Giveaway. Should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages (including attorney fees) to the fullest extent of the law, including criminal prosecution.
9. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY. If for any reason an entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, the Entrant's sole remedy is another entry in the same Giveaway during the Giveaway Period. Selected Entrant also agree to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents (collectively “Releasees”) from and against any claims, damages, disability, attorneys' fees, and costs of litigation and settlement, as well as any liability due to any injuries, damages or losses to any person (including death) or property of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from: (i) use, redemption, acceptance, possession, ownership, or misuse of any prize, (ii) participation in any activity, event, or excursion offered in connection with the prize, (iii) use of any facility, service and/or accommodation related to the prize, or (iv) participation in any Giveaway-related activity or participation in this Giveaway. The Releasees shall not be liable for: (i) late, lost, delayed, misdirected, incomplete unreadable, inaccurate, garbled or unintelligible entries, communications or affidavits, regardless of the method of transmission; (ii) telephone system, telephone or computer hardware, software or other technical malfunctions, lost connections, disconnections, delays or transmission errors; (iii) data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of entry or other materials; (iv) any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by the prize or resulting from acceptance, possession or use of a prize, or from participation in the Giveaway; or (v) any printing, typographical, administrative or technological errors in any materials associated with the Giveaway. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, Releasees are not responsible for computer malfunctions, network connections, email delivery problems, systems failure or incompatibility, typographical, technical or key-stroke errors, or interruptions in your internet service, and for incomplete, illegible, misdirected, misprinted, late, lost, damaged or stolen notifications. In the event Sponsor is prevented from continuing with the Giveaway as contemplated herein by any event beyond its control, including but not limited to fire, flood, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, or any federal, state or local government law, order, or regulation, or other cause not reasonably within Sponsor’s control (each a "Force Majeure" event or occurrence), then subject to any governmental approval which may be required, Sponsor shall have the right to modify, suspend, or terminate the Giveaway. If the Giveaway is terminated before the designated end date, Sponsor will (if possible) select the winner from all eligible, non-suspect Submissions received as of the date of the event giving rise to the termination. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
10. DISPUTES. Disputes regarding these Official Rules and/or this Giveaway will be governed by the internal laws of the State of California. By entering you consent to jurisdiction in the federal and state courts of San Francisco, California, for the resolution of any and all disputes. Caution: any attempt to deliberately damage or undermine the legitimate operation of the Giveaway may be in violation of criminal and civil laws and will result in disqualification from participation in the Giveaway. Should such an attempt be made, sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages (including attorney’s fees) to the fullest extent of the law, including criminal prosecution.
11. PUBLICITY. Except where prohibited by law, the Selected Entrant’s entry and acceptance of the prize constitutes permission for Sponsor to use said Selected Entrant’s full name, photograph, statements, and city and state address for promotional or advertising purposes in connection with these Giveaway on a worldwide basis, and in all forms of media, now or hereafter known, in perpetuity, without review, permission, or further compensation.
WINNER'S LIST AND GIVEAWAY RULES. To obtain a copy of these official rules or a winners’ list within ninety days of the close of this Giveaway, send your request and a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Edutopia Giveaway, George Lucas Educational Foundation, P.O. Box 3494, San Rafael, CA 94912-3494, USA. Selected Entrant’s list will be sent once Selected Entrant has been verified and prize has been awarded. VT residents need not affix.