Project methodology is widely discussed in periodicals, the Internet and mass media. Why is this theme so popular? What opportunities it opens up for the teacher and students? What skills help to develop? It helps to solve the main problem – the formation of information-oriented personality. To these and other questions we will try to give an answer.
I apply the project methodology in my work for more than five years. The main purpose of the use of such unconventional techniques was the desire to attract students to research and search activity, to get rid of routine and to develop their creative abilities. First of all, let's define what is design work.
Five reasons why you should engage in project work:
1) The students themselves choose the shape and direction of the work;
2) Project work encourages children to be creative and creativity;
3) Project work unites children with different levels of educational achievement;
4) Project work allows students to express their thoughts, be heard, affirm as a person;
5) Project work allows avoiding the routine, the students present their achievements in a relaxed atmosphere.
Project work is a successful method for the development of students' creativity, a way to attract them to research and search work, the opportunity to encourage them to experiment, finding new ways of solving problems, a way to avoid routine.
What gives us the use of project work? The use of project work reveals great opportunities for the teacher and pupils, and gives them unlimited possibilities.
The role of the teacher in project work: The project encourages students to creative cooperation, provide an opportunity to improve relations between children. Such work enables the teacher to develop a positive attitude to each child, to encourage, to inspire students in creative UPS, to produce creative ideas. Project work can be either long-term (month, quarter, semester) and short term (day, lesson), it depends on the age, environment, program, interests, skills, needs and expectations. Project work must include a discussion regarding theme selection, action plan, summarizing. So why should you do project work? What advantages does this type of work? What is positive about yourself is? We can name five reasons why we're doing the project methodology, you may be able to add to the list. creative work with illustrations of wall newspaper themed exhibition of photo collage posters, booklets, prospectuses, publication of books, concerts, performances, holidays, interview, game, quiz create video stories, the organization of press conferences creation of radio and television programs, the periodic release of publications on a given topic
Features of the project:
* Individualization of learning;
* Rationalization of education;
* Simulation content and learning;
* Differentiation of the classroom and at home;
* Eliminate passivity of students;
* Increasing interest in learning a foreign language;
* Development of creative abilities of students.
Stages of the project:
I. The Preparatory phase (the acquisition of knowledge and skills).
II. The choice of the research topic (define the topic you want to explore or analyze).
III. The choice of the research problem (problem statement that are most relevant, useful and interesting).
IV. The collection of information (selection of information from a variety of sources, including literature, the Internet, mass media, and own experience).
V. The Creative search of ways to solve the problem (evaluation of solutions to problems, presentation of own ideas, the choice of optimal ways of solution).
VI. The practical implementation of the project (writing and aesthetic design of the project with the involvement of all the collected material and creative resources of the participants of the project).
VII. Preparation for presentation of the project (choice of the form of the presentation of the project: game, discussion, conference, show, holiday, newspaper, multimedia presentation).
VIII. Presentation of project (students demonstrate knowledge of the content of the chosen topic, convincingly defending its own variant of the research problems, answer questions).
IX. Summing up (thinking that it is best managed, what was the most interesting to work with. Learned the participants of the project, what mistakes could have been avoided).
Now let's summarize all of the above. So, project work is very interesting and useful work that improves the knowledge level of students on the subject. Intensifying their work in class and at home, fosters creativity, provides opportunity for the teacher to implement student-centered approach in teaching.
Now let's talk more about modern technologies that will help the students to present the results of their creative achievements better. You have probably guessed what will be discussed, without which it is impossible to imagine the modern information space. So is computer technology. New information technologies provide fantastic opportunities for teachers and parents in the development of General abilities of children with the full range of achievements of world culture. Working with computer, students can create presentations of their own projects in Powerpoint, using the media file. Powerpoint offers many opportunities: you can create class presentations and share them with your peers and colleagues. Powerpoint is easy to use for both students and teachers when you need to present own work and ideas. Powerpoint is a computer program for interpretation and presentation enabling the audience to focus on the subject of your research, with visual support and receiving information in a certain sequence arranged on the slides. Powerpoint was originally called Presenter, Powerpoint later became the name of the product. His version constantly updated, expanded graphics capabilities that allows you to turn your presentation into an interesting show.
The algorithm of creation of Powerpoint Presentations:
1) Use a bit of text;
2) submit text blocks;
3) Use animation;
4) Use different colours;
5) Use a dark background for each slide;
6) use simple diagrams.
Powerpoint enables teachers to present students information , they are motivated by working with Powerpoint. Students learn to synthesize information before it to present. Powerpoint enables students to present their own achievements. Powerpoint program can be used for textbooks, posters, etc. using different types of multimedia, you have at their disposal a simple and effective tool mate-rial presentation of visual contact that facilitates perception Why should I use Powerpoint:
Four steps to creating Powerpoint Presentations:
1. Preparation of (determining what you need to achieve, thinking what you want to say and how you are going to do this training scenario, video and animation design patterns)
2. Submission (includes greeting presenting yourself project name, the problem, which is dedicated to the project, objective presentation of conclusions to be made, issues to be solving).
3. The bulk of the substance or presentation:
- Informative (facts, comments, examples and illustrations, additional information, showing common and different discussion);
- Evidence (definition of the problem, an indication of the important aspects of the problem, the impact and importance to this issue, which will solve the problem, the call to solve this problem, the solution of the problem)
4. Conclusion (findings, statements, advice, recommendation).
How to interest and to engage the audience:
* Look for interesting and unusual facts on the topic, include them in the presentation;
* Introduce material in the form of easy to understand;
* Use the word "your," "your," "your" audience to feel like a participant in the presentation;
* Illustrates the presentation of the facts of his own life, it will enliven your presentation;
* Ask questions of the audience, it can also be a rhetorical question that will make the audience think, although you answer.
The final part, answers to questions. presenting each point accumulating questions from audience they want to get the answer at the end of the presentation of welcome and presentation of the structure of your final speech of the answers to the questions. presenting each point accumulating questions from audience they want to get the answer at the end of the presentation greetings and presenting your speech patterns.
Scheme of the project:
I. The name of the project;
II. Class, school;
III. Objectives of the project;
IV. The main part of the project (may contain several slides);
At the end, should thank the audience for their attention and encourage them to develop and implement their creative ideas as creative urges to expand their own horizons, learn about the world in all its manifestations, form himself as a person - talented and unique, full of ideas and experiences, constructive and progressive, which is freely guided in the information space.
I am confident that our advice will help you develop your own ideas and implement them creatively bring to students. To our guide add disk with sample presentations. Let our work will inspire you to creative achievements.
This post was created by a member of Edutopia's community. If you have your own #eduawesome tips, strategies, and ideas for improving education, share them with us.