We are planning to launch #Culturebox after an exillirating #AussiED chat session on Sunday the 7th of August 2014! @kabradders @madgiemgedu (and me @astsupportaali) thought it would be amazing to organise an exchange of cultural gifts across the world!
Twitter truly is a global classroom and teachers are becoming more and more connected daily! We want our students to share in this journey and become more globally and culturally aware. So, the idea is simple; Click here- http://cheneyagilitytoolkit.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/culturebox.html to be taken to the Google form asking for people's details/locations/students ages. It will also ask for the culture teachers would like to share/receive!
After some clever pairing teachers will be able to get in touch with each other and send each other their #CultureBox packages!!
You can get get your students to complete research projects about the countries they are sending the #Culturebox to or, you could set up Skype classroom sessions with them etc.
Does this sound like a good idea?
Some ideas for what you can send in the #CultureBox
- National flag
- A recording of the national anthem/spoken language- a book to learn the language?
- Food from the country (that won't go off/get through customs etc!)
- Official clothing?
- Key rings/ postcards from national landmarks?
- Video message?
- Religious links to the country?
- Handwritten letters?
- Pictures? Photos? Paintings?
- Example of school planner? School building? Lessons?
- Facts and info about your culture?
I am sure you can think of more!