Do you have great ideas for your school or classroom but lack the resources to carry them out? Discover how you can use the power of crowdsourcing on the Web to fund new projects or get gear for your classroom.
In this guide, you'll learn ten steps to a successful campaign as well as pitfalls to avoid, and you can compare features and fees of 12 popular crowdfunding platforms for educators.
What's Inside the PDF?
- What Is Crowdfunding?
- Advice from Experienced Crowdfunders: Ten Steps for Planning and Managing a Successful Campaign
- Step 1: Assemble Your Team
- Step 2: Identify Your School’s Needs and Determine the Funding Timeline
- Step 3: Identify Your Network
- Step 4: Choose a Crowdfunding Platform
- Step 5: Write a Project Description and Tell Your Story
- Step 6: Craft a Project Video or Slideshow
- Step 7: Brainstorm Perks
- Step 8: Kick Off Your Launch with a Bang and Keep Charging
- Step 9: Update Your Network
- Step 10: Celebrate and Debrief Your Campaign
- Seven Crowdfunding Mistakes
- Scorecard: Comparing Education Crowdfunding Platforms