Content and Programming Internship
The George Lucas Educational Foundation seeks a Content and Programming Intern. The successful candidate will work closely with editorial and community producers to increase engagement on the website.
This position, based in northern San Rafael, CA, will report to the Executive Producer and work closely with other areas of the Foundation, especially editorial and Web development.
Duties will include:
- Write promotional copy
- Select and edit images for content promotion
- Help producers track and manage story ideas
- Research audience needs and habits of mobile users
- Assist with the production of editorial/promotional stunts
- Assist with online video programming duties (familiarity with YouTube a plus)
- Interact with our community on the website and in social media
- Perform assigned research
- Gather metrics
- Edutopia is seeking an intern candidate who would like to gain experience in multi-platform online publishing.
- The candidate must have a passion for, or knowledge of, the world of education.
- The candidate should be eager to deepen his or her knowledge of audience constituencies -- including teachers, administrators, involved parents, colleges of education and policy makers -- to sharpen an understanding of what they need from a web content and community experience.
- The candidate should demonstrate strong computer skills, including proficiency with Mac and PC software.
- Experience with Google apps and databases (like Salesforce.com) a plus.
- The candidate should be a college student with strong interest in online video and Web 2.0 practices.
- The candidate must be able to multi-task, work independently, and take initiative.
At least 90% of this job is spent on a computer.
Send an email to email@example.com and include "Content & Programming Internship" in the subject line.
When applying, please include a resume and cover letter.
About Edutopia and The George Lucas Educational Foundation:
The George Lucas Educational Foundation is dedicated to improving the K-12 learning process by documenting, disseminating, and advocating for innovative, replicable strategies that prepare students to thrive in their future education, careers, and adult lives. Through Edutopia’s vibrant community of over 500,000 change-makers in education, The George Lucas Educational Foundation spreads the word about ideal, interactive learning environments and enables others to adapt these successes locally. Edutopia.org contains a deep archive of continually updated best practices, from classroom tips to recommendations for district-wide change. Allied with a dedicated audience that actively contributes success stories from the field, our mission relies on input and participation from schools and communities.