Learn how to improve student engagement and build a positive climate for learning and discipline for grades K-12.
We've all heard this about students: "If they are engaged, they are managed." And this is absolutely the truth. But we still need rules, routines, trust, and student ownership to make a classroom run smoothly and effectively. This guide will address those practical aspects of managing a classroom, with suggestions and resources appropriate for grades K-12.
What's Inside the PDF?
- Build Community
- Design a Safe, Friendly, and Well-Managed Classroom Environment
- Include Students in Creating Rules, Norms, Routines, and Consequences
- Create a Variety of Communication Channels
- Always Be Calm, Fair, and Consistent
- Know the Students You Teach
- Address Conflict Quickly and Wisely
- Integrate Positive Classroom Rituals
- Keep It Real
- Partner with Parents and Guardians