Free Classroom Guides and Educational Downloads
Get our easy-to-print guides that include useful tips for teachers, parents, and school administrators.
Ideas and tips for thanking your favorite teachers, principals, coaches, librarians, and others helping to make your school shine.
- Five-Minute Film Festival: Teacher Appreciation
- Edutopia Blogs: Gratitude Builds Character
- Teacher Appreciation Week 2012: Gift Ideas
Learn how cellphones, e-book readers, and tablets are getting kids engaged with learning, focused on working smarter, and ready for the future.
- Mobile Learning: Resource Roundup
- How the iPad Can Transform Classroom Learning
- Edutopia Blogs: Technology Integration
Discover the tools and techniques today's teachers and classrooms are using to prepare students for tomorrow -- and how you can get involved.
- How to Strengthen Parent Involvement and Communication
- A Teacher's Guide to Generation X Parents
- Facebook Group for Parents
By understanding how the brain works, educators are better equipped to help K-12 students with everything from focusing attention to increasing retention.
- Neuro Myths: Separating Fact and Fiction in Brain-Based Learning
- Brain-Based Learning: Resource Roundup
- Big Thinker: Neurologist Judy Willis on the Science of Learning
Learn how to improve student engagement and build a positive climate for learning and discipline for grades K-12.
- How to Develop Positive Classroom Management
- Classroom-Management Video Tips for Teachers
- Positive Discipline Strategies Yield Quick Results
Whether you're new to teaching or a classroom veteran, this resource-packed collection of 10 new media tips provides fresh ideas and easy-to-use tools to engage your students and make learning more collaborative. (Updated: 6/14/11)
- Twittering, Not Frittering: Professional Development in 140 Characters
- Google for Educators: The Best Features for Busy Teachers
- Social Media in Education: The Power of Facebook
Whether it's reading a good book or starting a new hobby, this resource-packed guide highlights ten fun ways to spend your summer. (Updated: 5/24/11)
- Teacher-Tested Travel Grants
- Creating a Summer Reading Network
- How to Create a Professional Learning Community
This classroom guide is intended to inspire and expand your thinking about effective assessment for project-based learning.
- Schools That Work: Authentic Assessment
- Comprehensive Assessment: An Overview
- Project Fun Way: When Project Learning and Technology Meet
Get tips, tech tools, and strategies for how to strengthen the bonds between schools, families, and communities.
- A Teacher's Guide to Gen X Parents
- The Home-School Team: An Emphasis on Parent Involvement
- Technology Provides Parents a Window on the Classroom
This practical guide, filled with inspiring earth-friendly learning projects and classroom-tested resources, will help your school go green.
- Educators Grow Green Schools
- Going Green: Designing Eco-Friendly Schools
- Education for the Ecosystem