Credit: Courtesy of Chris Dede
National Advisory Council member Chris Dede is the Timothy E. Wirth Professor in Learning Technologies at Harvard University's Graduate School of Education. His funded research includes four grants from the National Science Foundation and the U.S. Department of Education to explore immersive and semi-immersive simulations as a means of student engagement, learning, and assessment. In 2007, Harvard honored him as an outstanding teacher.
Dede has served as a member on the U.S. Department of Education's Technology Expert Panel and as an International Steering Committee member for the Second International Technology in Education study. He coedited the book Scaling Up Success: Lessons Learned from Technology-Based Educational Improvement, published in 2005. A second volume he edited, Online Professional Development for Teachers: Emerging Models and Methods, was published in 2006.
He is featured in the following Edutopia content:
- "Assessment for Understanding: Taking a Deeper Look"
- "Educational Technology: Bridging Distance and Time"
- "Evaluation Experts Speak: The Ramifications of High-Stakes Testing"
- "Let the Games Begin: Entertainment Meets Education"
- "Risky Business: Industry Invests in Schools"
Find out more about our National Advisory Council.