Download all of the lessons
Lesson 1: How to Draw in 2-D and 3-D
Teach students about polygons and perspective drawing. Build momentum with the basics for more advanced topics later on.
- Polygon examples
- Techniques for drawing in two and three dimensions
- Introduction to orthography
Go to Lesson 1
Lesson 2: Conceptualizing the Golf-Hole Design
Get students to start brainstorming and sketching their miniature golf holes. This lesson serves as an introduction to popular golf terms and clarifies the requirements for the golf-hole design.
- Golf concepts
- Example of project parameters
- Techniques for brainstorming ideas
Go to Lesson 2
Lesson 3: How to Build Golf Holes to Scale
Take estimation and critical thinking skills to the next level. Teach students how to turn their golf-hole sketches into the real thing.
- Teamwork-building skills
- Steps for laying the green
- Tips to encourage constructive criticism
Go to Lesson 3
Lesson 4: How to Make Blueprints on Presentation Boards
Show students how to incorporate feedback for improving their golf-hole designs and how to create blueprints of their holes on presentation boards.
- A review of orthographic drawings
- Components of the presentation board
- Steps to help students draft their holes in different perspectives
Go to Lesson 4
Lesson 5: Using 3-D Software to Render Golf-Hole Designs
Help students create their golf-hole designs digitally. This lesson delves into the uses and application of software for 3-D modeling.
- Examples of software for 3-D modeling
- Techniques to teach the software
- Boolean shapes
Go to Lesson 5
Lesson 6: Presenting and Playing the Hole
Wrap up the curriculum by helping students draft and give a presentation about their golf-hole design.
- Techniques to help students create presentations
- Feedback loops
- Tips for building the course
Go to Lesson 6
",'node/5846', $options=array('html' =?> true)); ?>