New! Associate Web Producer
We are seeking a solid and creative Associate Web Producer. Could it be you? This position will be part of an innovative team that supports education change-makers with timely and useful resources to help students. Our office is in San Rafael, CA in the San Francisco Bay Area.
The successful candidate will have a solid background in web publishing, a passion for education, a love of collaboration, and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- You’re excited by the idea of working to help innovative educators share their success stories and best practices.
- You have experience shepherding web content projects from pitch to publication in a fast-paced environment.
- You have experience writing and editing a diverse collection of writers in a group blog or online community setting.
- You enjoy reading and writing practical, how-to content.
- You’re a bit of a data nerd, and enjoy poring over metrics and user feedback to see what’s working and what isn’t.
- You’re both organized AND flexible. If last-minute changes are required, you’re happy to adjust. (OK, you may not be happy about it, but it won’t throw you off!)
- You can approach challenging situations with a sense of humor, and embrace the approach of “failing forward” -- iterating and constantly tweaking methods and strategies.
- You have good instincts about people, and can identify good writers, influencers (and potential influencers) from a mile away.
- Manages daily blog calendar; daily production of Edutopia blogs and related content -- calendaring, editing, copyediting, production, photo-editing, publishing and light social media promotion
- Vets guest blog posts pitches, and identifies viable ones for publication
- Works with staff bloggers and guest bloggers to write and produce posts that resonate with Edutopia and the greater education audiences
- Collaborates with director of programming to develop monthly and yearly blog calendars
- Ensures all content meets Edutopia editorial standards
- Researches, recommends and produces images for content, as needed
- Coordinate updated contracts, as needed, and process all invoices in a timely manner; provide timely and accurate forecasts for blogger budget and progress reports
- Tracks blog and related content metrics to inform future programming efforts
- Represents Edutopia at industry conferences, and networks with education influencers at industry events and on social media
Experience, Skills, and Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent experience
- Experience editing and/or producing user-submitted content in a fast-paced online environment
- Strong editorial instincts
- Basic Photoshop skills
- Basic HTML skills
- Clear and effective written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Collaborative team player
- Highly organized and detail oriented with excellent production management skills
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
- Proficient with Google products like Calendar and Drive
- Experience with Drupal or other content management system a plus
- Experience with design thinking a plus
We have a great work environment that includes a competitive benefits package. This is an opportunity to work on a high profile educational resource, and be part of a great team that is focused on an important cause.
To apply please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and include "Associate Web Producer" in the Subject line.
The George Lucas Educational Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.