Explore Examples That Work
Find profiles and research on K-12 schools, districts, and programs to learn how to check for student understanding. See the Big List.
Through constant investment in the assessment process, both students and teachers strive for true learning at School of the Future, a 6-12 school in Manhattan.
See step-by-step how this Arizona elementary school gives its students the additional time they need to master core concepts and elevate their learning to the next level.
Tests don't just measure absorption of facts. They teach what we value.
Katherine Piper offers three standards of assessment for individual student participation in PBL teams.
Performance assessments go beyond traditional tests and serve as an important teaching tool.
A former teacher stands by her assignments.
Foundations and Organizations
- The K-12 Center at ETS: Developing Assessments for the Common Core State Standards
- CRESST: The National Center for Research on Evaluation, Standards, and Student Testing
- SCOPE: Stanford Center for Opportunity Policy in Education's Assessment Topic Page
- FairTest: The National Center for Fair and Open Testing's Assessment Reform Network
- Authentic Education: Consulting and Resources from Assessment Expert Grant Wiggins